Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Siteman Cancer Center and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital will be conducting free head and neck cancer screenings to those with increased risk factors.
Regardless of your age, tobacco (including smokeless tobacco) and alcohol use are the most significant risk factors for head and neck cancers. These substances used together are linked to an even greater risk. Over the past decade, an increasing number of cases have also been attributed to the human papillomavirus, or HPV. The screening will be of particular interest to those who experience mouth and throat pain, lumps in the neck or sores in the mouth, hoarseness, persistent cough or difficulty swallowing.
Patients must be 16 years or older to participate in this screening.
If you answer YES to one or more of the following you are a candidate for this screening:
• Are you a smoker, tobacco chewer and/or alcohol user?
• Do you have any sores in the mouth or on the tongue that have not healed in more than a month?
• Have you had persistent pain in the mouth or neck? Pain that is NOT associated with TMJ?
• Have you been experiencing hoarseness, a change in your voice, or a persistent cough?
• Have you had pain or difficulty swallowing?
• Do you have a lump in your neck or throat?
• Are your dentures poorly fitted?
• Do you have any growths on the skin of the face?
• Have you been experiencing a persistent sore throat/earache (longer than three weeks), especially one-sided?
For your convenience, this event will be held in two locations.
Saturday, November 3
Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Medical Office Building #2
10 Barnes West Drive, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Sunday, November 4
Siteman Cancer Center – South County
5225 Midamerica Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63129
This event is free, but registration is required. Click below to schedule your appointment.