Welcome to Live Well STL! We're just getting started and we're adding new events and resources every day. So, explore the site today and visit us often to see what's new.
Please remember to check with your doctor before beginning any new physical activity. Also, events are subject to change so call ahead before attending.
In honor of National Sleep Awareness week, sleep more! There are 5 ways in which getting more than 6 hours of sleep a night can help you lose weight!
1. Sleeping more prepares your body to burn calories all day long. Studies show that people who sleep more burn 20% more calories after eating than those who are sleep-deprived.
2. Going to bed earlier in the night cuts back on late night snacks, which means fewer calories that your body has to burn.
3. Sleeping more helps you make better decisions. At the grocery store and in the fridge, having more sleep makes the healthier option the easier option.
4. People who sleep more are also more likely to eat slower and exercise portion control.
5. Sleeping more can help you boost fat loss. Studies show that people who sleep more can eat the same fat content in their diet, but burn more fat calories.
Get some rest during Nation Sleep Awareness Week, and find out more here!
Advanced Aqua Aerobics offers a pace geared for a more strenuous cardiovascular workout and strength training geared toward specific muscle groupsView More »
Join the American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association for an evening of inspiration at the Most Powerful Voices Gospel Celebration and Health Expo featuring national recording artist, Donald Lawrence. This event is designed to educate the African-American community about the risk factors associated with stroke. The health expo kicks off at 4:30 p.m. and features health screenings and life saving health information. The musical showcase begins at 7 p.m.View More »